Sunday, March 20, 2011

SB2011

Minus the Spring Break part.

In Texas, everyone is just finishing up their week of vacation and let me tell you, don't go to Walmart for a quick grocery run on Sunday. People are there buying the whole store!

My mini-SB2011 happened on Saturday after quite a long week. Everybody at work except for me and my boss asked for the week off. So we ploughed through the work week together!

The store was busy and it really helped the week go by pretty quickly. But it also meant it was a pretty tiring week. My first day off was Friday and it was so nice! But I was feeling the effects of the past week very much.

My run on Friday was less of a run as it was me trying to push the world off the bottom of my feet. My leg muscles stopped working at about half a mile in and my feet became my heroes. Thank goodness I have forced them mile after mile in the previous years because that was the only way they finished the run Friday. They were little machines. Well, big machines. But they didn't have the rest of me to support them. So I got through the run Friday and tried a mini-work out on Saturday, which ended up being mini. And it was still my feet that got me through it. My muscles were just pretty useless this week. All because I did not fuel them correctly. Luckily I got back to my regular schedule this week. And the little pep in my step is slowly returning.

It reminded me of why the little things matter so much. You can push yourself as much as you want. Run yourself into the ground. So easy to do. Time to learn from it all. Take my feet a few more steps. And stay thankful that they still really know how to do their job.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment