Thursday, June 9, 2011

Weak Sauce

Yes, Weak Sauce.

Would you like that served with a side of potatoes? Weak Sauce works especially well when served steaming on top of rump roast. Too well, in fact, for this runner.

My rump is officially roasted. Specifically, the butcher has decided my left rump was perfect for a Sunday dinner.

C'est la vie.

Or so I thought.

You all know, just run through it. Throw some ice and some dirt on it and you are good to go.

It got me through 4 years of college. But I am not trying to be a college runner any more. I am trying to grow up and run with the big ladies. They are stronger, faster, and more experienced.

So in hopes of turning my current Weak Sauce into some sort of stronger marinade for my obviously lacking backside, I needed a reset button. I needed help in the athletic kitchen. My rump was too twisted, too tight, and too off for all my tenderizing attempts.

Enter top chefs- Dr. Jason DeRoche and Lauren Martinez from AIRROSTI.

If you see someone in normal clothes and KT Tape, they have been to Airrosti. If you see some one in running clothes, KT Tape, and a big smile on their face- they have most definitely been to Airrosti...

Let me just explain the difference between when I walked in their office to when I walked out. Walking in I was depressed, worried about stress fractures, and thinking I wouldn't learn much more than I already knew. I limped in sleep deprived and frustrated with all of my attempts to make things better.

Just so you know- I walked out. No limp. No numb. Big smile. And some KT Tape. Add a pinch of strengthening exercises, a dash of active release therapy, and a topping of ice to turn any Weak Sauce into a Super Strong Brew. Airrosti knows runners especially well but they also understand how to help anyone with a huge range of Weak Sauce problems.

My rump still has a chance.

And life lesson learned. I can mess up with out any help, but I will need a lot to get better. Time to get hungry for something other than WEAK SAUCE!

Thank you thank you thank you Airrosti!


PS- to all of my weak butt muscles, welcome to the world. Get ready to be kicked. Period. If I don't kick you, someone else most definitely will.

No comments:

Post a Comment