Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow Days

Now while I don't have any snow anywhere near me currently, I still love this time of year! It is time for TRACK! The Oval. That thing people run around. Specifically, it is time for indoor track! Now the indoor season is a whole new beast. Imagine a 200m oval and fans all around that.

This is the Texas A&M Indoor track. (A place I can only hope to run in some day)

Means you never have an excuse not to run...
No snow in here!
 People pack into the stands. YES, even track meets have fans and people come to watch them! There are also lots of people out there promoting the sport as well. Flotrack, LetsRun, and many other sites are helping keep people updated on all news in the running world.

Why I love LetsRun- Since there are fewer indoor tracks down here in Texas for me to get my fill of, I have to rely on web pages to help me get my indoor appetite taken care of. Great meets like the Millrose Games are covered and talked about. But I can get the results from the meet website, so I love LetsRun for the fact that they are running nerds like I am. Plus, it is always exciting to hear about other people get excited about track. LetsRun is also not afraid to cover more than just what the guys are doing for the sport. The give every aspect of track and running its due. So while I may not be very cooped up in fair weather Texas this winter, I still feel the same way I always have about Indoor. IN LOVE. Just turn left and everything will be ok.

Too all of those in snow drizzled cities and ice locked masses- keep your head up. There is, most likely, a place of warmth close by. Just look for lights and Mondo floors. Plus, indoor is just a tid bit. A taste. A tease. A preview. A sneak peak. A warm up for the real show- Outdoor. 400 meters of pure love, hate, power, rivalry, and passion. All smashed into almost any distance your little heart and your little feet could desire. Enjoy.

If you don't have enough cocoa for the winter, find a track...

No comments:

Post a Comment