Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Adventures with CRR

Well my feet may have not been rolling very well, but yesterday my head sure felt like it was doing pretty well. I was on a creative kick. During a run. It was a little frustrating because on a run there is not much else to do but think and run. I can't whip out my scrap book. I can't clean the house. I can't type my blogs. Luckily I can think about them, but my brain just doesn't retain all the things I want to write about. Well, just like most of my jokes are funnier in my head, it probably works the same way with the things I want to write- it is probably good for society and humanity that I forget most of it before I can write it down.

But I did remember one thing from my run. I was about half way done when I was about to pass an idling car along the side of the road. I don't run with an ipod so it was just me and the road. Aaaaand the dog trying break the window down in the car to attack me. Luckily, the window held and I just continued on my run. Aaaaand then my imagination kicked up. Or maybe it was CRR. Either way, I had this discussion-
Runner Lauren- "Man that was close, glad he didn't get out"
CRR- "What if you were in a movie?!"
RL- "I wouldn't have acne anymore..."
CRR- "No, that dog would have totally busted down the window and a chase scene would have ensued. It could have been sweet!"
RL- "That would have totally messed up my recovery run. Plus, that was a German Shepard, those are bred to catch people."
CRR- "But what if you were in a movie! What if this was a movie!?"
RL- "I see where you are going with this!"
CRR- "You would have had to sprint in an awkward running scene and then had to dodge a bunch of obstacles. I know you have always wanted to be in a scene like the end of Happy Gilmore."
LR- "Well, that would have been a great run...and muuuuuch less boring than this one"

And with a click of her heels and a wink, CRR was gone and my run was back to a fun level of 2 (on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best day ever). See what happens when I run by myself? I blame graduation and work for making me run by myself and having no one remind me that I can not go insane on my runs.

What ever gets you through the miles, right? It was so cold today I think I would rather just curl up and watch a movie :)

Life Update- Today was the coldest I have been since my last semester at DePauw. During our run for class at Run On! we set out around 7pm in San Antonio and faced some extreme weather. It was 15 degrees with the wind chill. Not the coldest I have ever been in, but for Texas it sure was an adventure. Those wind gusts today were eerily similar to the way DePauw's outdoor track used to feel. I was totally unprepared for the cold and scrambled to find layers to put on. Plus the news tonight said to expect snow on Wednesday night? Shouldn't that mean that Marvins, Alpha Phi, and the Nature Park are right outside my door? Who switched states on me?

Please, love the road long and far, but run safely this week!

Photo by the amazing Linda Striggo
http://www.striggophoto.com/
From the amazing ice storm sweeping the country!
Good old frozen DPU!

1 comment:

  1. Dang, didn't know Texas got that cold!!!
    aaaah I know what you mean about solo runner insanity syndrome. Maybe we can channel each other's crazy thoughts. I think it would definitely be entertaining...

    ReplyDelete