Wednesday, February 16, 2011

SAS II

Today I can finally lift my arms above my head again.

Saturday was the first day in my entire life that I did the full complete movement of a pull-up. In fact, I did two sets of 15 pull-ups. No hopping, leaping, or wings were used. Only a  machine that took 70 pounds off of my body weight. I reminisced how a couple summers ago I trained for a while in order to do one single pull-up and failed. Even with the help of my tried and true gymtastic muscle woman, Emily Watts, I still couldn't do a pull-up that summer. Heck, I couldn't get myself halfway through the pull. Now I know what my problem is! I only have to lose 70 pounds and I will be able to do a pull-up and be fit!

Kidding. Completely.

About the losing weight part. Not about doing the pull-ups.

I honestly think it is hilarious that a pull-up is more intimidating and impossible to me than almost anything else I could try to do. Speaking in pulic is pretty far up there too, but I know that I can work my way throught that. Actually doing a pull-up with out any assistance is almost physically impossible for me. In fact, on my second set of 15 (at 70 pounds less than my normal weight) I looked down to see Kenny pulling the bar up to help me. Dangit. Kenny is the poor soul that is trying to help me get back into competitive form. Even for an incredible personal trainer like him and all his skills, I am a pretty big challenge to take on. But I am starting to see the pieces start appearing. They are really far from coming together, but at least I am giving myself something to work with. Trying to lay that foundation. 

How long do you think it will take me to cure my SAS?

1 comment:

  1. Runners don't need to do pull-ups anyway!

    Hope all is well. I caught some bronchitis this week, it has been real fun. NOT. Made me grouchy and not be able to train. Not a good combo.

    MISS YA.

    ReplyDelete